Sunday, May 29, 2011

Math Images

Sometimes I see an image that reminds me of some mathematical idea. Here's the best of what I've seen so far.

This advertisement is just great math, you'd never see it in the US where people take pride in not being able to balance their checkbooks. The last expression is using infinity as exponent, wow that's big!
I saw this moss on a post at Ali Shan,
It reminded me of the Mandelbrot image.
Here we have a tiling of the plane implemented with Astroturf on top of bricks.

Here's a tiling of equilateral triangles with a subtitling of trapezoids. I know not everyone appreciates this.
Here is a display from the NCKU Museum of precomputer technology for curve generation tools. Such specialized knowledge obsoleted by technology, how pitiful.
This is a playful implemented example of the basis of
mechanics: the 4 bar linkage.
I guess the "point" of pointillism is that a continuous image can be made from a collection of discrete elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment