Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Ideas from Taiwan

Although it has been cold since I came to Taiwan, the summer heat is coming. Motorcycle/scooter seat are usually black Naugahyde or plastic. So after a hot day in the sun you don't want to toast your buns.
Here's a common bad idea, overloading the scooter. I didn't stick around to see him take off but it looked dangerous to me.
Here's another bad idea. I'm sure the child has a more exciting view in front but in an accident, the child becomes the air bag.
Compared to the US, I feel crime is a rarity, but because there are so many CTV cameras the news programs have lots of material of thiefs, robberies, ... This makes everyone crime sensitive. I've never seen a triple deadbolt until I came to Taiwan.
Around construction sites, there are these hanging rugs of plants. They are very pretty when the plants are in bloom.
Once in a while there might be a protest in Taipei about wheel chair accessibility but stairs are the norm. But there are snug fitting ramps that make roller loads easier.
When a store from changes owners, the old store is gutted to the walls and floor. Here we have the shovel doing the gutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment