Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Fun with Signs

More signs from around Taiwan.

I thought maybe this curry is just hot water and curry powder. The dictionary failed the user in that the Chinese Characters are better translated as "original" or "authentic". But I'm always wondering whether the mistake was intentional to draw attention. It certainly caught my eye.
Good to association the "Old Red, White and Blue" with one of our most successful exports.
Direct and to the point, what could be better than "Yummy, togo."
"Special Needs" in the US is just a politically correct euphemism for disabled. But in this poster the riders are asked to give up their seat for a mother with her "special needs".
In Taiwan, the color brown is sometimes called coffee color. So in a reverse of the translation, "brown" now means coffee.

As a stamp collector, when I saw this one I thought it was a placed for damages stamps, but really it is a hospital for postal workers. I'm being to literal in reading these signs.

2 comments:

  1. check this out dad! We sell Junk Food the brand on our website: http://www.zappos.com/junk-food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! they caught me! I thought that store was really a food store. I shot the picture from across the street and really wasn't interested in "Junk Food"

    ReplyDelete