Sunday, March 6, 2011

Churches in Tainan

In Taiwan, the ROC(Republic of China) constitution guarantees the Freedom of Religion. In China, the PRC(People's Republic of China), the Communist Government does not recognize this right. 

In Taiwan, according to a Ministry of Interior survey 81% of Taiwanese practice some religion. Some of the breakdown is:

35%  Buddhism
33%  Taoism
5-6% Christian


In Tainan we have a lot of Temples(Buddhist and Taoist) and a lot of Churches(Christians). For me, the Churches standout because the Cross/Crucifix
stands out among all the Chinese characters. Here some of the Church fronts, and I know of several more that I have seen but forgot to take a picture.

 Lutheran
Baptist

Assembly of God



The Baha'i
I don't know
Church in Tainan
I don't know



Jesus is Lord

Full Gospel Church


Catholic

Seven Day Adventists


Another Church near the Campus


Mormons, I don't know where their Church is but I see their missionaries on the street all the time. White shirts, ties and bicycles.

Here is Christian church of Chinese origins.

1 comment: