Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Haircut Time

I've been in Taiwan for almost 2 months now and my visa needs extending. but it also is time to get a haircut.



It was looking at little shaggy in the back(this was a tough shot).
So I went to one of the many local barber shops and became handsome again.
I noticed Barber shop poles are rotating like in US but they have a much more varied design. Here's the cheapest shop I could find in Tainan. Multidirectional and multicolored pole.


This is where I actually got my haircut.

Not restricted to stripes.
Any shape or color will do.

 pokadots too!
It doesn't take too much to open a barbershop but the personality of the barber determines whether I come back or not. This time the barber was talkative and I felt relaxed. She even tried to tach me a few Taiwanese words. I'll probably go back.

Because I've never had a regular barber, I always like to ask this question before I leave.

"How often do you think I should come in for a haircut?"

Then looking into their face, you can see their mind whorling. If they say "next week" you know something is wrong. The correct answer is "2 months".

2 comments:

  1. I went to the place the first place in the picture that cost 400 NT for one hour massage and 80 NT for haircut. The exchange rate is one Us dollar to 29.5 NT. Isn't this wonderful?

    ReplyDelete