Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coolpix camera and more Pingxi pics

This is the camera I'm now using in Taiwan.


It's a good camera, small enough to fit in my pocket, so I carry it with me where ever I go. I have 2 complaints:

           1. It takes a long time to boot. Between when I turn it on and can take a shot the opportunity has passed. I sometimes think it have a version of Microsoft Windows as it's operating system.

           2. Like most cameras nowadays it has too many options. There are at least 20 setting for different camera modes(portrait, night sky, dim light, wide angle, landscape, ... ) I've no way of knowing which on to use, and if I have to switch before the shot then the opportunity has probably passed. 

But there options make a tremendous difference, here are two of my shot of the Pingxi lantern festival, followed by three shots with probably the correct setting that someone else sent me.

My shot #1



My shot #2 psychedelic


Good shot #1

Good shot #2

Good shot #3


I guess the advice must be what I should have learned from my programming days: RTFM => "Read The F***king Manual"

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I'm glad that you are taking the trouble to add photos to your blog. They add a lot. I don't have any excuse except laziness myself for not adding more pictures to my own blog.

    ReplyDelete