Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The three R's of recycling

The three R's of recycling are:

reduce
reuse
recycle

I think the Taiwanese are great at all of them but the second one must get special mention. I like how they use old CDs as reflectors on their bicycles like this one:




But for special mention I have to show this one:


The display is all made of CDs on the wall of church and I'm sure it means:

"Jesus loves you".

The church entrance is next to the display. A more traditional display.

It is Taiwan Lutheran church.

1 comment:

  1. I love the reusing of CD's! Larry and I are working hard at recycling by donating everything that we don't end up using within a few months. It seems easy to do--the charity outlet stores take about everything. I've discovered a refugee harvesting network that I'm volunteering with, Iskashitaa. The refugees with local assistants harvest excess fruits and vegetables throughout the year and redistribute them to refugee homes and non-profits. They have expanded to collecting sewing machines and supplies. That is where I come in. I'm trying to get some sewing classes going so nothing goes to waste. There motto is "No Fruit Left Behind".

    ReplyDelete