Tuesday, January 18, 2011

KaoHsuing National Museum of Science and Technology

Continuing with the mathematics theme, I have some pictures of geometric structures from the National Museum of Science and Technology in KaoHsuing.

Whenever I go to such museums or parks on a Sunday they seem strangely empty with very few visitor. This seems strange in Taiwan where the streets, stores and restaurants always seem busy. I think it is because the Taiwanese really treat Sunday as a day of rest and relaxation. The Monday through Saturday week is so busy and hectic that Sunday is the day to stay home and recharge for the coming week. For school children and parents this seems especially true.




The building is built with a lot of the structural supports exposed.
It is a big building with lots of different exibits some specifically hands-on projects for children.


 Taiwan has always been a textile manufacturing center so there is a large display about manufacturing and home crafts.


But I always come away feeling a little older when they display computers that I use to own and I thought were so modern at the time.




1 comment:

  1. I get the same feeling looking at computers from the eighties. I wonder, though. Did they last longer that computers we buy today? Larry and I always plan on having to replace our PCs every 3 years. Back then, televisions weren't as reliable as today, but computers don't seem to have the same life span today as the new TV's.

    ReplyDelete