Friday, June 3, 2011

Wu Lun Che

I have never been happy with my pictures of a San Lun Che(3 wheel vehicle) because I only had pictures of them driving past me. I have less than 2 week left in Taiwan and I had given up on getting good pictures. But then as a gift from the gods, I came across this machine on the way from school.

Wow, he was stopped at a fire hydrant filling up the water tank in the bed. So while he filled up with a heavy load, I could shoot pictures.

Sure enough a big car/truck engine with his seat on the engine hood. Children, can we all say: VIBRATIONS! And look at the heavy duty springs for the front suspension.

I've always wanted a close look at the front wheel because what kind of brake can stop such a behemoth! Look at the close up, no brake at all! And with a with a full tank of water, I think he doesn't stop for red lights.

All the braking power is in the back! Here's the rear view.

So actually this one is not even a San Lun Che(3 wheeled vehicle), but a Wu lun Che(5 wheeled vehicle)!

This was one of the luckiest days on Tainan. I talked with the driver for awhile and you could tell he was proud to own a one of a kind vehicle. I got to use the phrase: "wu er du yi".

No comments:

Post a Comment